Finally, we are, where we could have been 3 years ago, would the then panicking Brexiteers not have fled from the responsibility of executing a Brexit being fought and won on massive lies, false promises and probably Russian support. King BoJo has entered Downing Street, and he has a mere 100 days to fulfill his Do-Or-Die Promise of leaving the European Union by October 31. And he will deliver. Another notorious liar, narcissist, and racist at the top of an atomic power, G7 country and permanent member of the UNSC. Another ruthless populist at the top of a should be guiding torch for democratic values and honest discourse. Inspired by President Trump in the US.
Should we be afraid? Not really. Having survived the Tariff Man in the White House, the Clown in Downing Street will be easy stuff to swallow. After three years of endless negotiations and complete stalemate, both Macron and Johnson are right in claiming that No Deal is not the end of the World. On the contrary, it could prove healthy to make a clear, fast and ugly break instead of dragging on for years. The German smallest denominator biggest compromise way would only lead to a slow, but steady decline and national humiliation and frustration of the UK. The Eton(ian) Mess that has been amassed since Cameron entered the kitchen is beating the German Bratwurst, as long as it is ruthlessly prepared and eaten fast. BoJo has fully understood this dynamic and will drive the British tanker full steam into No Deal while pretending to have his eyes set on an improved Brexit Deal. The composition of his new cabinet underlines his willingness for a fast and brutal implementation of Vote Leave. He has assembled a very gifted, dynamic team and the best campaigners in the country, preparing for an election if need be. We are assuming to see the following developments:
- Brexit will happen on October 31 with No Deal or a largely stripped-down deal. The EU will be blamed for failure. The Tories will ultimately follow BoJo to avoid an election, the dissolution of the Conservative Party and complete chaos. Theresa May as Brexit Don Quijote with Philipp Hammond as her Sancho Panza will be forgotten fast.
- The Brexit war cabinet will restore trust and confidence in the UK and Tory leadership, Nigel Farage might join the forces soon.
- BoJo will imitate the success of Trump’s weaponization of social media and use a direct and intense link to voters and followers to chase Parliament and force MPs support.
- The EU, led by Macron and Barnier, will not blink in the last minute. Disgust for BoJo, unwillingness to grant him any success, self-protection and complete Brexit Fatigue will guarantee this result.
- After short term collapse and disruptions in some areas, recovery could be faster than expected and the country might profit from a new liberalization boom, fired by an economic policy of low taxes, no customs/tariffs, and less regulation. An economic head-on collision course with the EU. The London property market will go further down with the fear of No Deal consequences and a looming sterling crash, a perfect buying opportunity.
- The Real Donald and BoJo will become the BFF couple of the year, cheering achievements of each other and booing opponents.
- The Iran Nuclear Deal will be thrown under the bus by BoJo for the relationship with Trump, as will be the prospects of Huawei to supply 5G networks in the UK.
Turbulent times ahead in the UK. But finally, things are moving. Every end is a beginning! Hopefully, a wakeup-call for continental leaders to step out of the Merkel area lethargy.
God Save the Queen and good luck for all our British friends on the bumpy ride ahead.